Am I a Candidate?
LASIK is a life-changing procedure when performed on the proper patients, but it is not for everyone. Each person’s eyes are unique, and LASIK is not the right choice for everybody.
To be a suitable LASIK candidate, the following list of baseline requirements must be true:
- You must be over the age of 21
- You must have nearsightedness, farsightedness, and/or astigmatism
- Your glasses/contact lens prescription must be stable for at least 1-2 years
- Your eyes must be healthy
- You must not have an uncontrolled autoimmune disease such as diabetes or rheumatoid arthritis
- You must not be pregnant or nursing
- You must have realistic expectations and an understanding of the possible risks of LASIK
Beyond that, determining if you are a definite candidate for LASIK is a stepwise process. You can start by taking our LASIK Self-Evaluation Test. Then, you can schedule a free LASIK consultation, where multiple measurements are taken of your eyes. If your eyes qualify for LASIK surgery, the final step is to have a thorough eye exam with Dr. Larson. She will further evaluate you to ensure that your eyes are healthy enough for the LASIK procedure.